Sunday 24 April 2011

In My Mailbox (3)


 In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the Story Siren where we get to show off what books we got. 

Once again, I got a large collection of books. At this rate, I’m not going to be able to keep up....
From the library
-          Full Metal Alchemist vol 1 by Hiromu Arakara
-          Forsaken by Jana Oliver
-          Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
-          Bloody Kiss vol 1 by Kazuko Furumiya
-          Pegasus and the Flame by Kate O’Hearn
-          The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
-          The Death Defying Pepper Roux by Geraldine McCaughrean
-          Prisoner of the Inquisition by Theresa Breslin

And this is what I bought when I went to London.
-          Lenore Rebirth vol. 1 by Roman Dirge
-          Grand Guingol Orchestra vol. 1 by Yuki Kaori
-          Alice in the Country of Hearts vol. 5 by QuinRose
-          Hetalia vol. 2 by Hidekaz Himaruya
My thoughts.... I’m already halfway through the Death Defying Pepper Roux and I’m really enjoying it....I’ve already read Alice in the Country of Hearts and will review it some day....I got Hetalia vol.2 because I’m still waiting for the library to process volume 1...I’m taking Grand Guingol Orchestra on holiday so I won’t review that until some time in June...I got The Death Defying Pepper Roux and Prisoner of the Inquisition because they’re shortlisted for the Carnegie Award....I’ve been waiting for ages to read Forsaken and Once Dead Twice Shy so I’m looking forward to that...I know Lenore isn’t really a book (its got about 30 pages, if that) because its a comic, but there are collections (Noogies, Wedgies, Cooties) that I’ll review some day.
Thats my mailbox this week. What did you get this week?

And on a side note, have you noticed the banner? Big thanks, hugs and cake goes to Emily Happywise and Miley Madwise, who drew the Grim Reaper enjoying a book and a cup of tea. We (Katy and I) attempted to do this, but both looked funny and Emily offered to draw one for us. Which turned out much much  better. Anyway, Emily, (and Miley), we love you! Check out their blog here!

9 comments:

  1. I love the new blog design; it's adorable. You got great books this week...Lenore Rebirth? Are these new comics? I have loads of the old series; but then Travelling Man near me stopped selling them *sigh*. Will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by for a spot of tea and to send Easter wishes and hugs.

    I still have a giveaway open.  I will be closing it this coming Friday.  April 30th.  6 books are up for grabs if you are interested --->  Here  ;)

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    For The L♥ve of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new header- it's great for the theme of your blog! I'm reading Prisoner Of The Inquisition currnetly. Enjoy and happy easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab set! Lots of great manga this week.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love FMA and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery! You got some great stuff!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your blog and the books you have got are amazing; your blog seams cute Gothic style which I will add to my blog roll right away.

    I want to read Lenore Rebirth vol. 1 by Roman Dirge so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog title and header are freakin cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower. It sounds like you took in quite a haul this week. I've actually just started watching the Full Metal Alchemist anime, would you suggest reading the manga first?

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a Hetalia fan (though I love the fanart that's been posted on pixiv.net as of late!), but FMA is one of my favourite series, as well as the extremely underrated Corpse Delivery series. Also, anything by Kaori Yuki is pretty much gold.

    And omg a new Lenore out. MUST BUY.

    Here's mine for this week: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/in-my-mailbox-%e2%99%a1-week-7/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...