Sunday, 6 November 2011

Class of 2k12 #2 Introducing

Corrine JacksonThe Class of 2k12 is a group of authors whose debut young adult and middle grade fiction will be released in 2012. There should be a set of interviews coming over the next couple of months, to get them heard so you know what great releases will be coming.

Our next class member is Corrine Jackson!

Q:  In less than 140 characters, what is your book about?
A:  If I Lie -  girl struggles with the ramifications of keeping a secret for her boyfriend, a Marine who has gone MIA in Afghanistan.
       Touched -  
A healer who takes on every injury she heals meets a boy who can’t feel anything and sparks ensue.

Q:  What was it that made you go for it and write a novel?
A:  For me, I had to come up with an idea that I fell in love with. Once I found the right idea, nothing could’ve stopped me from getting it down. I was on fire to write my first novel. I daydreamed about it all the time and couldn’t wait to write every day. Plus, I had a couple of great first readers who begged for the next chapters. It was a very exciting time for me.

Q:  What was the hardest thing about writing your book?
Touched (Touched, #1)A:  Finding the time and energy to work on it. I have a full time day job that requires a lot of creative and mental energy. I’m also on a laptop for 8 or more hours. To go home and get back on a computer and be creative takes commitment. Sometimes it’s easier to watch TV. My DVR is the devil sitting on my shoulder to tempt me to not write.

Q: What's your favourite book of all time?
A:  I’d have to say JANE EYRE. Or any one of the HARRY POTTER books. It’s a tossup and really dependent on my mood.  

Q:  How long did it take you to write this book?
A:  TOUCHED took 3 ½ months. IF I LIE took a year. Funny enough, TOUCHED is twice as long as IF I LIE. Go figure.

Q:  Did you always want to be a writer?
A: YES. But I lacked confidence. Plus everything I did was always about security. I picked my careers based on the measure of job security they offered. Honestly, I wish that I’d taken more chances when I was younger. Then again, all roads have lead here, and I’m pretty happy with here.

Q:  What's your favourite thing about writing?
A:  I love when I get in the groove and the writing is flowing. When that happens, it’s like someone else is writing the story and I’m just transcribing it for them. I feel so lucky then to get to watch this movie in my head.      

Q:  Do you judge a book by it's cover?
A: Often. A really great cover can suck me in and get me to read the back cover or inside flap. In the end, though, it’s the story that gets me. 

Touched & If I Lie
Autumn/Winter 2012
http://www.corrinejackson.com/ 




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I didn't know this was live! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...