Monday, 11 March 2013
Carnegie Shortlist Announcement Game
Here's my picks...
1. Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner. PERFECT.
2. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Because. I don't know why. It just seems like it'd work.
3. Wonder by R J Palacio. I've heard so much about this, and how lovely it is, and think it should be there.
4. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers. This is very much the kind of thing that would get onto the list.
5. To Be a Cat by Matt Haig. Because this seems like the kind of thing that would get on the list.
6. The True Tale of the Monster Billy Dean by David Almond. Here is some David Almond. Judges LOVE David Almond.
Also, if we're going for a seven or eight shortlist, here's my extra picks (ignore in score if we get a six long list)
7. All Fall Down by Sally Nichols. Ways to Live Forever was beautiful. This might be just as poweverful.
8. A Waste of Good Paper by Sean Taylor. It's full of the kind of stuff that seems like it'd work on the shortlist.
Yeah. I've read one of my six/eight picks. Lovingly basing this on my predictability of author choice and themes. Good luck to all authors longlisted!
What are your picks for the shortlist? Go to the longlist here and choose 6-8 books. Whoever's the most accurate gets...hugs? Intenet love? A sense of accomplishment. It's just a bit of fun. But a lot of fun.