Wednesday 22 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #13 The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

Waiting on Wednesday is  a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 
Title:
The Pledge
Author: Kimberly Derting
Release Date: November 15th 2011
Goodreads: In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

Even himself.




Why I want it: I've been getting through quite a few dystopians, much more than I would have without starting this blog. And this looks like a pretty good one, even if ridiculously harsh. Well, it happened in the olden days...I think it will be interesting to see how these old fashioned things will work in a vaguely modern day setting. 


What are YOU waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. This one was my WoW a few weeks back, a great choice!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I like this! Thanks!!

    New follower!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about this book. Love Derting other series and cannot wait to see what she does with this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another YA dystopian book-awesome! I'm really getting into the genre and I loved Derting's The Body Finder (:

    My WoW

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree with this one!! After Body Finder, I will forever read anything Kim Derting writes!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kimberly Derting! I fell in love w/ her writing after reading The Body Finder and this book just sounds awesome! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Awesome pick! I love Kimberly Derting, and I'm really looking forward to reading this as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I want this so badly. Looks very cool. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had my eye on this book for a while now. I really can't wait to get my hands on it.

    My WoW

    P.S. How awesome is your blog header! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really anticipating this one too!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too!! I chose this book before for WoW. I finished the Body Finder not too long ago and like Derting's writing style plus the synopsis sounds wonderful. This dystopian seems distinct from the rest :D.
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...