Sunday 29 July 2012

News Update #20

So...in terms of getting stuff, I've been good! Only got a copy of Unfed by Kirsty McKay (thank you, Chicken House!), which means that my bookshelves get a rest, and I have a chance of reducing the pile above my bed. Yay!

In terms of news though....

On Wednesday (1st August) at 1pm, Penguin are running a Flash Snog at Covent Garden to coincide with the release of Girl Heart Boy.  Two minute long kissing fest with yoghurt and books...not really my thing (well, the books maybe), but maybe any of you want to go? More info here.

The Strange Chemistry family is growing bigger! Ingrid Jonach has been signed, with When The World Was Flat (and we were in love). It's a fantasy/paranormal worldy thing that I really want to read some time. More info here.

What you can do with  hours to waste...random internet scrolling lead me to this! It's a library flowchart of dystopian books!

UKYA are taking nominations for the best UK YA! I found it hard fill-realising that some of your favourite authors are American is so annoying.
Here's my choices...
  • Hollow Pike by James Dawson
  • Department 19 by Will Hill
  • Entangled by Cat Clarke
  • Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls
  • Shift by Kim Curran
  • The Declaration by Gemma Malley
  • The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • (and from the first few chapters of it) Geekhood by Andy Robb
Go and add your own nominations!

The Month Before Halloween needs more participants! At the moment, we have Peter Salamon, C.J. Skuse, Sean CummingsJames Dawson and Bethany Griffin, as well as Georgie, Lilia and Midnyte Reader. But that's not enough for a whole month's worth of spooky awesomeness!
Dear bloggers, and any authors that may be reading this, if you're interested, sign up please!

And finally.... I'm taking part in CampNaNoWriMo, because I think that it'll be a lot less stressful than doing it in November. I'll still be around the internet in August, but maybe a little less than normal. I'll still be on the internet more than is probably good for you though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...