Sunday 2 December 2012

December already!

So I woke up yesterday and wondered where the majority of the year went... Who else did?

Anyway, various things have happened!

I obtained lots of books! Well, not loads. But enough for my To Read box to be totally full again...
Things I have now!
--Caitlin Moran's Moranthology from the library. I loved How to Be A Woman and Moran's writing style, and this is just as good!
--Ellie James' Broken Illusions from the publishers. I enjoyed Shattered Dreams a bit and, have hopes for this one now that I know the characters and the setting!
--Neil Gaiman's and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens, and Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower, from the shops. I've read them both before, but thought becasue I loved them so much, I should own them.
-- J.R.R Tolkien's The Hobbit, also from the shops. I really need to get round to reading this, and hopefully before seeing the film.
So I now have a not a huge pile of books to read, but a pile of books that will not fit in my box. Yay!

A. E. Rought brought out a trailer for Broken!

I really like its use of pictures and no dialogue, just pretty music. The review of this book will come soon!

Miraink brought out its list of top ten bloggers! Congrats to the people who made it, and good luck with the next round!!

I was on the internet today and I found this! Better Book Titles, for various Halloweeny books. Fun times!

I totally failed NaNoWriMo. I think I'm better suited for the "write when you actually have something to say, and don't care that it takes forever" method. I did manage 8k though, and I'm still blaming a lot of it on textiles coursework and the impossibility of it.

Congrats to everyone who did win Nano, who did get through to round to of Blogink, and to everyone who's generally done something good this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...