Did everyone have a nice Christmas/holiday time? I certainly did!
I see everyone today doing book boyfriends/girlfriends! *decides to kick off with this topic*. I'm not sure if the fact that this was kind of impossible to write says more about my memory or general high standards. But I thought of ten people to have as personal hot water bottles!
1. Nick Gautier from The Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon (reviews here). Nick is sassy, into manga, and a general badass.
2. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. He's really sweet and there's so many reasons that you need to give him a cuddle. He's also very good at seeing the bright side of life. And conversations with him would be interesting.
3. Professor Lyall from The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger. He's quiet and smart, another personality type I like. Plus, I need someone organised around because I'm not!
4. Madame LeFoux from The Parasol Protectorate series. Mad inventress who is plays around with all kinds of steampunky gadgetry and is also strong willed and witty.
5. Annie from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden. She's so sweet and huggy and funny and has an excellent imagination.
6. Sam from Speechless by Hannah Harrington. He's sweet, nonjudgmental, and seems like he'd be really cuddly.
THIS IS WHERE I GOT COMPLETELY STUCK. THIS NEXT SECTION HAS TAKEN ME ABOUT AN HOUR TO WRITE.
7. Boris Airay, the Cheshire Cat from Alice in the Country of Hearts. Punk Cheshire Cat! That's all I have to say.
8. Magnus Bane from Cassandra Clare's books. Warlock. Funny. Why not?
9. Ananna from The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Complete sass mistress, clever, and generally awesome.
I REALLY WANT TO CHEAT HERE AND PUT IN A FILM/TV CHARACTER BUT THEY DON'T APPEAR IN THE BOOK VERSIONS.
10. After ten whole minutes of sitting at the screen, plus one skype call, my friend and I have concluded there isn't anyone else and therefore you'll have to go with nine generally awesome, cuddly people.
So yeah. Who's on everyone else's lists?