Wednesday 30 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday-Tanya Byrne


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 

Title:  Currently untitled
Author: Tanya Byrne
Release Date: 9 May 2013
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: When sixteen-year old Adamma Okonma, a Nigerian diplomat's daughter, arrives at exclusive Croften College in Wiltshire, she is immediately drawn to beautiful, impetuous, unpredictable Scarlett Milton. Adamma and Scarlett become inseperable - until Adamma falls for Scarlett's boyfriend Dominic. Soon the battle lines are drawn and Adamma is shunned by Scarlett and her priviledged peers. But then Scarlett goes missing and everything takes a darker turn. As Adamma begins to uncover a series of ugly scandals at the school, she realises there was more than one person who wanted Scarlett to disappear and indeed that Croften has its own disturbing secrets to hide..

Why I want it: I read Heart Shaped Bruise some time ago (and have a review around here somewhere.  I'm not going through my paper piles tonight) and really enjoyed it. Also, having met and chatted to Tanya, I must say, she is awesome. Awesome debut. Awesome author. I hope I'll enjoy this. The title and cover will come on UKYA next week!

What are YOU waiting on this week?

Other things happening
I'm going to the Hot Key Books/Templar Books thing on Saturday! I think I'll be in Costa half an hour before we're meant to get to the event, so if anyone wants to meet up, say! 
I have books to pass on too! Tell me if you want any of these, and I'll bring them.
I have lots of books that have been sent to me/have finally shipped to me :) Ah, I have loads of stuff to get through.
We should not be planning our making, three weeks into making. Something went badly wrong with our textiles scheduling.
Something happened with the Divergent casting.  I think it may have been a rumour. Sorry for any excitement. I don't know. I have no idea what to believe. 
Lots of cool people have had blogoversarys recently! Raimy, Clover, Jesse and some others. I'm bad at remembering things.
I have a blogoversary coming up! And a new design! *excited to show you* Soon...soon.

Finally, because this post needs a picture other than a meme header...


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by this author but I must do soon! Great choice, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds good. But it doesn't have a title yet? Hopefully it's a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...