Sunday 2 February 2014

News! OUP edition

Februrary already... What have I done with my life in the start of January? Not much...oops. I did some things though.

Friday-that was good. The wonderful Charlie invited me to the OUP night called Storm Your Imagination. It was for Joss Stirling's Storm and Stone and Nikki Sheehan's Who Framed Klaris Cliff. It was held at the 1901 Arts Club, which is an amazing venue-small, cosy, and just the right size for us all.  Also warm-a big plus when it's tipping it down.
We had talks from both Joss, about detectives and Nikki, about imaginary friends. Both made their books, well the research behind them, seem fascinating and I'm looking forwards to reading both of those things.
OUP provided Siege and Storm, and Who Framed Klaris Cliff. They also gave us The Private Blog of Joe Cowley by Ben Davis, which looks quite funny, and Replica by Jack Heath, which I was looking forwards to reading before and didn't know it had been picked up in the UK.  We also got a notebook and excellent food.
My favourite thing about all blogging events is meeting people. I had good chats to Charlie and Hattie, from OUP, and also to Darren (Book Zone for Boys) and Jim (YaYeahYeah) and Stacey (The Pretty Books). I also saw, but didn't speak much to: Daphne (Winged Reviews), Kerrie (Read and Repeat), Jess (Library Mice), Chrissi (Chrissi Reads), Orli (Blame my Bookshelf), Julianne (This Fleeting Dream), Clover (Fluttering Butterflies), Amy (Spreading UKYA)and lots more who I can't remember at the time.
Thank you, OUP, for the great night!


Other things I got this week...well I had a bit of a bad morning today. So I bought some books. I now also have Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson, a giant historical fantasy thing, Living Dolls by Natasha Stewart, and a book on French language/culture.

I went to the livescreen of Coriolanus on Thursday. It was pretty good. I'll do a writeup soon.

Charlie told me that Orion have picked up Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin! We always need more queer lit in the main market.  *has research thrown at her* Golden Boy has been released! I need to find it.

You can sign up to be a community book giver for World Book Night! More info here.

I'm not sure if I've said this already, but there's going to be a readalong of the Tom Pollock's Skyscraper Throne series, before they release Our Lady of the Streets. More info here.

Awesome of the week-All of this website- Honest Book Copy.
Most especially Emma Maree's copy of Pantomime.

2 comments:

  1. *blushes* Thank you for mentioning my honest back cover copy, Nina! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    I had your morning gets better in spades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely feedback Nina, so glad you enjoyed the blogger's evening. It was great to get to meet you in person at last!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...