Sunday 18 January 2015

Blog Awards + News

Hey! Things are kind of getting sorted in my life right now.

News! 
There's going to be a chat tomorrow (19 January) on twitter about  teenage mental health at 7pm GMT. The hashtag is #gdnbluemonday. Go join in.
Also, Tom Pollock wrote an incredibly brave and powerful post. Go read it. 
I'm really glad that mental health is something that's being talked about more. It might feature a bit more on this blog, I don't know yet. But, like many other things that we need to talk about, it is being talked about more, and maybe slowly society can do the same.

Happier news! I discovered Judd Books, and independent store in London, because I saw Stacey (The Pretty Books) and Jim (YaYeahYeah) by chance while trying to visit the Gothic exhibition in the British Library (I failed. Why did my teachers, who knew we'd be studying  Frankenstein all year, only tell us that it was on and it would be highly useful the week before it closed?)  Anyway, I got two non fiction books because non-ficion second hand books tend to be rarer so I got a book on the history behind the Trojan War and on LGBTQ rights in the Middle East.

Also, I'm thinking of attempting to do fortnightly vlogs. Would anyone be interested?



Main post time! I got nominated for two blog awards over the past few weeks- the Liebster award from Jo, who writes the Eclectic Feel Blog, and the Infinity Dreams award from Holly, who writes Holly Quills and Ivy. Thank you, guys!

From Eclectic Feel Blog. wordpress.com

  • Describe your blog in 3 words. So much work.
  • What’s your favourite smell and why? Rum and vanilla tea because good memories of times when it was there- see birthday party involving tea duelling
  • Name an unusual skill/talent you have.  Less a talent, more proof of my brain being a jumbled mess- randomly slipping correctly conjugated/declined Latin into French lessons or mostly incorrectly conjugated French into Latin
  • If you could only choose one – books, music, art, craft or photography? This is evil. Book s or music... books. Just. Evil.
  • Oranges or lemons? Organes.
  • Your top 3 ambitions for 2015? Sort out my physical health and mental health and sleep pattern. Get decent grades.  Not mess up too badly.
  • What was your last holiday destination and what’s (hopefully) your next? Edinburgh  (Fringe festival!!) and Spain (not sure where).
  • Trilby or fedora? Fedora
  • What was the last book you read/album you listened to (and rate it out of 10)? Last book completed- Love, Sex, and Tragedy- 7.75 out of 10. Last album listened to: Spring Awakening Original Cast- 7 out of 10
  • What’s your favourite cheese? Whatever it is that goes on dominoes pizza
  • Will you be rocking Pantone’s colour of the year “Marsala” in 2015? No, since I have no idea what it is.


From HollyQuillsand Ivy

Required 11 facts
  • I can’t stick to plans about what to read next
  • I love my Latin lessons excessively
  • I have illustrated my Latin workbooks with daleks, corsets, and a graphic body count of Titus Andronicus
  • Underneath my bed is a lot of food
  • Current teas on the go: Russian Morning Kusmi 24, and Lapsang Souchong.
  • I can’t drink lapsang souchong at night or the caffeine keeps me awake
  • I have no idea where I want to start writing my TEDx talk
  • My to-review box is overflowing badly
  • I keep random bits and bobs in pretty teacups
  • Miscast cabaret/backwards broadway nights on youtube make my life complete
  • I really want to become fluent in at least two more languages.

And questions...  

  • In your opinion, what book has the most beautiful cover ? Current favourite, liable to change: This Book is Gay just because its cover fits it perfectly.
  • What is your favourite song? Another current favourite , liable to change, is Touch Me from Spring Awakening.
  • Why did you start blogging? Stephanie said she did it and she loved it. I decided to go.
  • Would you rather be in The Hunger Games arena or in a zombie apocalypse? Zombie apocalypse
  • If you travel anywhere where would you like to go? A tour of all the capital cities.
  • What celebrity would you fangirl over most? Hmm...... there’s many..... I have love for Haylee Atwell, Kat Dennings, Colbie Smoulders, Scarlett Johanson.... all the ladies of Marvel really... and Sebastian Stan.... and James Dawson.... and Kim Curran... and Patrick Ness.... and Tom Pollock.... and Laura Lam... and Rainbow Rowell.... I don’t know!
  • What is one skill you wish you had? Apart from languages, consistently decent violin skills.
  • Narnia or Neverland? Neverland
  • Is there one film you can quote word for word? Repo! The Genetic Opera. And the play version of Rent (not a film, but I can do that as well)
  • What was your worst read of 2014?  I can’t think of an absolute worst, but I couldn't deal with Game of Thrones.
  • What was your best read of 2014? Probably A Kiss in the Dark.

OK, I’m sorry I don’t have time to nominate people or write questions, because I can’t deal with going and seeing who’s won it already and such right now and my interview conducting skills are zero,  but if anyone wants to  tell us a bit about themselves, please do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...