Wednesday 23 March 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Waiting on Wednesday, as always, is  a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we share what we are eagerly awaiting.
This week, The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

Title: The Girl in the Steel Corset
Author: Kady Cross
Series: The Steampunk Chronicles
Release Date: 24 May 2011
Summary from Goodreads: She thought there was something wrong with her. She was right.
Finley Jayne has known for quite some time that she isn’t ‘normal,’ but when she beats up the son of her employer and is forced to flee, she stumbles into a world where there are bigger freaks than her. They take her in, treat her like family and demand her trust. How can Finley trust them when she can’t trust herself? And why is she drawn to the powerful Griffin as well as the dangerous Jack? She has to get herself under control before she gets into trouble she can’t get out of.
Griffin King is one of the most powerful men in Britain but he couldn’t save his best friend from almost dying. He is determined to save Finley and help her become the person he knows she can be, but there’s evil afoot in London. Machines have attacked humans under the orders of a nefarious criminal called The Machinist. He has sworn to protect his country against such a threat, but he’s never faced any foe like this. However, when he discovers The Machinist’s connection to his past, Griffin vows to end the villain once and for all — but he’ll need the help of all his friends, including the beautiful Finley Jayne – the girl in the steel corset

Why I want it: Those who know me know how I am obsessed with steampunk, victorian, etc. Its difficult to get steampunk right, but this seems original and should work out. And I love that dress.
Website: Official website

What are you waiting on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I love steampunk and this one sounds really good. Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo want to read this! It sounds fantastic and the cover is really gorgeous. I don't really know if I've read much steampunk... dumb as sounds, I don't GET exactly what steampunk is LOL. The words sounds cool and all, but my poor brain needs to Google for a definition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the sound of this one and very into steampunk. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recent steampunk trend is one I'm fully behind - can't wait for this one!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good! Thanks for posting! =)

    Here's my link:
    http://www.violethourbr.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-323-bathrobe.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick!! I'm really, really looking forward to reading this one! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Here's my WOW Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really good. I love the cover. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cover! Last thing I need is another series but... *adds to Goodreads shelf* I am such a sucker for anything steampunk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...