Sunday 15 January 2012

In My Mailbox 9 And Other Things



Going to have another go at updating the mailbox thing regularly...let’s see how well I do XD


Here’s my library stash... 
Card Games by Collins. Long story, but you know our book club is also an "argue, eat, read, argue" club? Well, it's morphing into an "argue, eat, read, argue, play cards, argue" club. 
Shakespeare Made Easy Hamlet & The Merchant of Venice. No, not studying either. I just love it when people re-write Shakespeare into modern language. 
The Bookman by Lavie Tidhar. Had it on my to read list for a while, saw it in my library, picked it up. 

For Review
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown via Netgalley. Mermaids don't get enough love. 
Lies Beneath
Witchblood


Witchblood by  Emma Mills. Vampires in Manchester? Sorry, but it's just that I don't think I read enough paranormal books set in England.

News (I'm also going to TRY and update with any news that I can think of. This may or may not work.)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (review here) has been shortlisted for the Kitschies Golden Tentacle 2011 award for debut novels. For more de  tails, go here (sorry about the website name. It's not what you think and is perfectly safe for work), or here for info about what it's up against.
  • There's an extract of Infamous!!! HERE! And I love our (The UK) cover!

Any other exciting things happen this week? 

1 comment:

  1. The Nightmare before Christmas book looks pretty interesting - I enjoyed the movie. Lies Beneath also looks good. I've not read many books on mermaids. Happy Reading! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...