Hi everyone...Yep, another weekly round up. I'm actually partially amazed I've remembered to do this for seven weeks on the trot, considering my organisational skills. Anyway, onwards....
Here’s what I got!
- From Netgalley, Pure by Julianna Baggot and Talisman of El by Alecia Stone
- From Beth at Page Turner, Entangled by Cat Clarke and Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
- From Kate at Kate’s Book Life, Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan.
- From Amazon (bought before Wednesday) Hollow Pike by James Dawson
- From library, Touch by Jus Accardo (Which I've finished and loved)
Here’s some other books I’ve found
- A Class Apart, Class Heroes #1 by Stephen Henning (goodreads). “Teenage twins James and Samantha Blake are caught up in a seemingly random terrorist bombing while on a school trip. Many of their friends are killed. When the twins wake up in hospital, their lives have changed forever. Will James and Sam be able to survive the nightmare into which they have been plunged? Who, or what, is behind the murders at the hospital? And was that terrorist incident quite so random after all?” Random killings and terrorism and special powers? Well, that definitely seems interesting.
- What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang. (goodreads) Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart? When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind… Two souls in one body? Wow, that’s a really good premises. Love the idea and can’t wait to read this.
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle. (goodreads)“Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her--and when he finally does, it's perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy...and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn't even stand a chance. Rose is devastated over losing Rob to Juliet. This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet's instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob's heart, but also for his life. Because Shakespeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends.” If you know me, you know how much I love retellings. And this one looks really interesting.
Here’s what’s going on around the book-y world!
- Strange Chemistry has a list of what they like to see when they get a manuscript! Very helpful...take note if you want to get published!
- Cover reveal for a few books! Glass Heart by Amy Garvey, Taste by Kate Evangelista, Streamline by Jennifer Lane and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
- Not strictly book related, but Blogger has introduced a new Captcha system. That is impossible to pass. My policy? If you have Captcha turned off, you are awesome. If you have Captcha turned on, then I will have two goes at dechipering it. If I can't get it from that, I'm leaving your blog without a comment. And seeing as this new Captcha is ridiculously hard, it's more likely I'm leaving. So please, turn it off. How do I turn off Captcha?? - Blogger Help
Here’s what’s going on at Death Books and Tea
- Er, well, we turned one! There's two international giveaways you can enter, both of which are easy to enter and don't require too much thought, so, yeah. Go enter. ^^
- I've got more of my bookclub on Goodreads!
- I've given up book buying for Lent. With the exception of the week in France. I can buy any book in the French language that I want. And to make up for it, the week after Easter I won’t be buying anything either. I also won’t be making my library buy anything during this time either. Go me. Not that I’ll be short of stuff to read. *looks at kindle and pile on shelf*
Random fact: I'm sure I've missed a lot of news. Remember, if you have anything you want advertised on this weekly round up, providing it's legal/relevant, email us and we'll put something up.
Enjoy your week, everyone.