Monday 3 June 2013

Book Review- The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Lost Prince
 Author: Julie Kagawa
Series:  Iron Fey:Call of the Forgotten #1 or Iron Fey #8
Published:  23 October 2012 by Harlequin/Mira
Length: 337 pages
Source: Netgalley
Other info: Julie has also written the rest of the Iron Fey series, and also the Blood of Eden  series. I reviewed The Immortal Rules here. A sequel, The Iron Traitor, is planned.
Summary : That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.
Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.
Review: Ethan Chase generally tries to ignore the fairies that took his sister as their queen and plague his existence by being there.  This won’t work forever though- Ethan’s half phouka friend Todd goes missing and new things turn up and he ends up dragging Kenzie into the fae world and going on an adventure through the Nevernever and yeah. That happens.
I’ve read Julie’s Immortal Rules and really enjoyed it. Since I started blogging, I’ve heard good things about The Iron Fey series, so I was really looking foreards to reading this.
It’s very easy to get into The Lost Prince. Some places say it’s the start of a new series, others say it’s the continuation of The Iron Fey. Either way, I picked up the world and how it worked easily with no prior knowledge, though I may have missed some things that old fans would be freaking out over.
Ethan, I liked. You could see what his previous interactions had done to his view of the Nevernever, and at times he needed a hug. He was a good main character and I liked following him. My favourite character was Kenzie-she was strong, determined and not accepting of Ethan’s disapproval as a reason to not do something. I also liked Grimmaulkin, the sarky cat.
The Fairy law is beautifully rich, the courts, the kinds of faeries,  the structure, the glimmer things. The world is one I’d really like to return to-I’ll definitely get round to reading


Overall:  Strength 4 tea to an excellent introduction to the world of the Iron Fae.

Semi unrelated note- I really dislike the US cover. Why does he have to be so obviously shirtless why is that relevant I associate shirtless guys on covers with books unsuitable for under eighteens I feel a little uncomfortable looking at it I might do a post about this some other time ok carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...