Wednesday 26 June 2013

Waiting on Wednesday-Jana Oliver's Briar Rose


No post yesterday, because I spent all night adding a year's worth of reviews to the giant list. And it made me realise how many I'd written. Four hours in which my love of Cabin Pressure messed with my knowledge of the alphabet. 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 


Title:  Briar Rose
Author:  Jana Oliver
Release Date: 13 September 2013 by Macmillan
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: 
For Briar Rose, life is anything but a fairy tale. She's stuck in a small town in deepest Georgia with parents who won't let her out of their sight, a bunch of small-minded, gossiping neighbours and an evil ex who's spreading nasty rumours about what she may or may not have done in the back of his car. She's tired of it all, so when, on her sixteenth birthday, her parents tell her that she is cursed and will go to sleep for a hundred years when the clock strikes midnight, she's actually kind of glad to leave it all behind. She says her goodbyes, lies down, and closes her eyes . . . And then she wakes up. Cold, alone and in the middle of the darkest, most twisted fairy tale she could ever have dreamed of. Now Briar must fight her way out of the story that has been created for her, but she can't do it alone. She never believed in handsome princes, but now she's met one her only chance is to put her life in his hands, or there will be no happy ever after and no waking up.
Why I want it: I love fairy tale retellings. I love Jana Oliver. Put them together...I won't be missing this!

What are YOU waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. While Jana Oliver's books haven't been my favorite in the past, I think this sounds really fantastic. I'm so surprised I haven't heard of this one before, though!! I love a good retelling, and this one seems pretty dang awesome.

    Lovely pick, Nina! This one is definitely going on the TBR.

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I love retellings. No US publication date yet, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of retellings too! Plus I loved Jana Oliver's Demon Trappers series, so very excited for this book. Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...