Sunday 16 June 2013

News and excitement!

So, last week I had a bit of a clear out. I took some books to the shop...and came back with some more.

I now have:
  • Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
  • Armageddon-the Musical by Robert Rankin
  • Joural d'un Vampire by Comte Dracula (French version of The Original Vampire Diaries by Viv Croot and others)
  • Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
  • Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
  • Sundays with Vlad by Paul Bibeau
  • The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas
  • This is Not a Book by Keri Smith
Also, very lovely people at publishing houses sent me
  • The Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffins 
  • Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
THANK YOU VERY MUCH PEOPLE!!

Slightly old, but Ann Aguirre called out the sexism she faced at a SSF panel. This kind of treatment is shocking, but sadly not surprising, in a culture that claims to be equal but really isn't. 

RIP Iain M Banks. I've only read one of his books, but I know quite a few of you really loved his work. Best wishes and thoughts with his family.

Bella told me exciting things! Apparantly, I got quoted in Siege and Storm!! I still have to go see, but there's this

And here's my reaction
*searches everywhere to see what they put*


13 July, Charters School, Sunningdale will be having  Wonder of Words Young People's Literary Festival. There's going to be Laura Dockrill, Holly Smale, Will Hill, Conrad Mason and Rob Lloyd Jones- a fantastic selection of UK authors! I'll hopefully be there. Will you? For more info, go to Book Zone for Boys.


In November, there's going to be a big author event!  Nineteen of them, mostly indie ones, will be at the Hilton London Metropole. Tickets are limited. Go see if there's anyone there you like.


We have cool people signed up for Rainbow Reads. Anyone else want to go take a look and maybe sign up?

That's all I can think of right now.  I leave you with this.

See the thing about being an evil villain is that instead of letting your inner demons fester and weaken you, you can control them and ride your majestic, winged beasts of terror into battle against your enemies  ---Mary Rose, TheEverydayGoth


2 comments:

  1. congrzts on being quoted^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome that you got quoted in Siege and Storm! I really need to read Shadow and Bone soon. Enjoy all of your books, Nina! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...