Monday 25 July 2011

Cover to Cover #2 and exciting news!

News I found out literally seconds ago! Sherrilyn Kenyon's books will be turned into films and whatnot, starting with Infinity. It says so here! I can't wait!

And that is strangely appropriate, what with the theme of today's Cover to Cover- this time, its books that have been made into films. And then re-covered especially for the film. Which has turned out terribly. The book/film cover that is. Not the actual film. Well maybe the film, but that's not the point of this feature. This will feature the title of the book, a pre-film cover, then the cover for the film and any thoughts.  Onwards...

A few pictures. Not too large. Open if you want to.
====================================
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
 I personally don't like the new cover because the typography doesn't show the greek myth aspect, and I like the tagline on the old cover a lot.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

What am I doing, featuring Twilight.... anyway. I don't particularly like the old cover either (it gets on my nerves), but anything featuring Edward and Bella on the cover is automatically terrible.

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
The guy on the cover just doesn't seem to look like Four to me,  although the background is ok.

Beastly by Alex Flinn
The rose is symbolic on the old one, and on the new one, the characters don't look anything like how they're described.

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
I like the way the symbol on the first one can mean absolutely anything, and the tagline is great.



That's all I can think of for now...this was a difficult one to put together as I had to know if it was a book and a film ,and what the covers were like for both.
Your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of any covers I liked more AFTER the movie. Before, they tend to be more artistic and open for interpretation... usually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...