Monday 18 July 2011

On My Wishlist #7

Hosted by Book Chick City, held here on Death Books and Tea as an excuse to feature books even though I don’t have them. 


1.       The Torchwood series, the new ones: First Born, Long Time Dead and The Men Who Sold The World (by various authors). Why? Because I love Torchwood, and when I found out that (during the last ICT lesson of the year in which I had nothing better to do than search Amazon) there’s a new batch, relating to the currently airing Miracle Day series, I got extremely excited. And seeing as the first one is released in a couple of days, I really can’t wait!
2.       The Hunted by Kristy Berridge. The author emailed me about this, and judging by the premise, a humorous romantic horror with plenty of different types of fantasy beasts involved, it looks great. Downside? It’s only published in Australia. I’ll have to wait.
3.       Soul Eater vol.1 by Atsushi Ohkubo because I’ve been seeing it around for this forever, and it’s just annoying me that I can’t be bothered to get hold of it…I never have the money on me whenever I see it…
4.       Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez. Because there’s lots of urban fantasy, paranormal mysteries, out there for adults, but hardly for the YA market. Which is a shame. But this is one such YA urban fantasy thing that looks really interesting. And the summary is hilarious…. “ cheerleader Samantha Devereaux, who returned from summer break with a new “look.” She looks a little . . . well, dead. “
5.       Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway. We hardly ever see witches against vampires, at least not without a couple of werewolves thrown in. and school settings are classic, and this just seems like great fun.
6.       The Good Ghoul’s Guide to Getting Even by Julie Kenner. Awesome title. Yes, I’m in the mood for searching for school set books with paranormal elements. Actually, I was a few months ago and now I’m posting my finds. But hey, here’s something with elements for lots of people.

I think that’s enough for now…see anything you like here? And is there anything that I’ve missed off? Comments please.

2 comments:

  1. There's new Torchwood books! AWESOME! I admit, I've only read the first one... and then I lost it... so I'll have to buy/read a lot before I can catch up to these new ones!

    Vickie from ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo your gunna add to my ever growing wishlist! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...