So, it's now the summer holidays. I won't be going to school until some time in September. I have six weeks of doing nothing of any importance. Actually, I’ll be gone for a week to France. And I need to do all that sewing that's been piling up. And make that cosplay for October MCM and possibly Halloween. And the artwork I said I'd do and haven't. And write that story I came up with ages ago and never paid any attention to afterwards. And sort out all my files/emails on my computer and so on. But apart from that, I have six weeks of doing whatever else I want. Obviously that includes reading! And my school book club's Summer Challenge(at least from what I can make out-I wasn't paying the most attention as we discussed it during a Carnegie picnic and I cared slightly more about the food than the summer) is to read anything that you've been meaning to read and haven't. Now for me, this is a long list. But I'm going to try. Here's my plan of reading for the summer. Links to Goodreads. PS. This doubles as an IMM for a few weeks. And the bottom part a On My Wishlist. And onwards...
- -Teeth, Vampire Tales. I've started it, and need to get through it.
- -Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll. Had my eye on it a while, never read it.
- -The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. We also had to pair up with someone and read a boolk of their choice. I told my partner to read Divergent. She told me to read this.
- -The Vampire Blog by Pete Johnson. Picked up randomly, don't want it to go back to the library unread.
- -Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. Read stuff based off of this, a friend saw the play, looks good.
- -Lord of the Flies by William Golding. At some point my school librarian said she wouldn't lend or recommend any dystopians to me until I read this and 1984. Read 1984a while back, now for this. I need my recommendations!
- -Empire of the Rising Sun by J.G.Ballard, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The latter two because they're on my list of classics to read "someday", and all of the, because they're on the list of novels we might be taught next year and my incredibly nice English teacher, who I'll have next year too, gave Katy and I the list of books so we could read them and tell her what we thought of them so she could decide on what to teach us.
- -Carrie by Stephen King. I received this quite some time ago from Comacalm...and haven't read it yet. I really should though...and now it's summer, I should have time.
- -Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus by Kate O'Hearn. I read Pegasus and the Flame and enjoyed it, so this seems like a good read.
- -Tantalize by Cynthia Letitch Smith. I think I read Eternal, book 2, but never this...
- -Skin Hunger by Kathleen Duey. Her contribution to Zombies vs Unicorns was good, and the cover to this is interesting.
- -Halo by Zizou Corder. I remember reading the Lion Boy series and loving it, and this seems right up my street-Greek mythology and action!
- -Spooks the Apprentice by Joseph Delany. I've tried reading it quite a few times, and never got past the first few pages as other books turned up and I forgot about this...I've got to finish it this time!
And if that wasn't enough, here's the list of the reservations I have at my local library...I'm hoping some will come during summer...
- The Invention of Murder-how the Victorians revelled in Death and Detection
- Monster Island
- Johannes Cabal the Necromancer
- Dead Streets
- Wish Me Dead
- Hetalia volume 1
- Much Ado About Nothing manga version
- Vampire Doll vol 1
- Haruhi vols 3,4,5
- The Undertaker's Gift
- Angel Sanctuary
- Think of a Number
- The Divine Comedy
- The Resistance
- Undead and Unwelcome
- Periodic Tales
- Life as we Knew It
- A Study in Scarlet
Yes, that's at least 20 of them. No, I don't know when I'll have time to read them all...
So everyone, enjoy summer!
So everyone, enjoy summer!