Tuesday 2 August 2011

Cover to Cover #3- US, UK

The third of the feature in which I showcase the covers, whether or not I like  the stuff inside them. This time it's US,UK, which is me comparing the American and English covers for various books. Which do you prefer? And do they match up to where you live? US cover first, then UK. Hetalia fans will understand the title...

Black Swan Rising

UK wins because the setting just looks more intriguing.

The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey

US wins because it subtley suggests what's happening, making you read on.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

US wins because the red and black on the UK looks a lot like Twilight.


Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

UK wins slightly because it jumps out more. Actually, I like both of these.

Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

US wins because it gives a better sense of the sea monster element.

The Hunger Games

UK wins because it gives a better impression of the world and what's happening. (Also, I love the cover where you can flip it so you get a picture of Peeta if you want it. I got that one)

Infinty by Sherrilyn Kenyon

US wins because I like the symbol in the background and the way it's mirrored throughout the rest of the series.


So, I seem to like the American covers a bit more. Shame when I live in England, isn't it....Anyway...it's the actual writing that counts...but I still love pretty covers!
What's your favourite?

.............................
Oh, and speaking of Sherrilyn Kenyon, I know that this book isn't for the YA market, but she's one of my favourite author's and I just want to point out that her newest Dark Hunter book, RETRIBUTION is out today.
Here's the trailer.




Actually, there's a lot of new releases out this month that I'm excited about. Comment on what you think of these new releases too!

2 comments:

  1. I think the UK wins on most of their covers. They go way more outside of the box than the US does. I love their Hunger Games cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't happen often, but I'm going with the US on all of them! haha fab feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...