Wednesday 31 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #21 Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 

Title:  Darker Still (Magic Most Foul #1)
Author:  Leanna Renee Hieber
Release Date: 1st November 2011
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

Why I want it: Victorian fantasy, curses, magic, and a little bit of Jekyll and Hyde? Looks good to me. The cover’s pretty as well. And on a side note, it’s released on my birthday. Any book that shares a birthday with me (and there’s a few), I must check out.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

18 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on this one too. It sounds so, so good :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am very excited about this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait, can't wait to read this one! I love that cover too. This is a highly anticipated one for me - can you tell?!!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good and I love a good find that is a first in series. Thanks for sharing it. FABR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! So eagerly anticipating this. I just love the sound of it and more and more I'm falling in love with historical novels. Add a dash of magic and I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I'm REALLY excited for this one as well. If only I could get my hands on an ARC right now! Great pick, Nina :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Sigh* So many books, so little time. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pick girl it sounds great!

    pssstttt hey I need to send you some infor for the Zompacolypse 2011 Hop that you are signed up for at Paranormal Wastelands...shoot me an email and I'll send you the badge and stuff. paranormalwasteland@gmail.com

    I wish that Mr Linky would collect emails and make this a lot less time consuming;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we're super excited about this one too!!

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited about this book. It looks great! New follower!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really liked the author's percy parker series and i'm looking forward to this one too. awesome pick! :)

    I hope you can stop by our WoW this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous cover!

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah this sounds awesome! How in the world have I never heard of this one before?? Thanks so much for featuring it!

    New follower :)
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the sound of this one! Gorgeous cover too - great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this cover! And what a great series name, its sounds awesome!

    Here's my WOW: http://goldiloxandthethreeweres.blogspot.com/search/label/Waiting%20on%20Wednesday I'm a new follower by the way! :)

    Goldilox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, this one sounds really intriguing. Great choice this week! And yes, the cover is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a firm believer that book that share our birthdays are destined to be favorites! ;) Anyway, I'm interested in this book as well. I'm not a fan of the cover, but the description sounds too good to dismiss it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Penelope I've not seen many books released on my birthday, so I don't know...
    I'll get round to everyone else later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...