Tuesday 16 August 2011

Cover to Cover #4- Vampire Edition

Cover to Cover- Vampire Edition
Another cover feature. This time I'm going to post a lot of covers, then see if I can see any trends in the designs....shouldn't be that difficult, should it?
Picture Heavy





Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


Marked by P.C and Kristin Cast


Glass Houses by Rachel Caine


Peeps by Scott Westerfeld


Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith


Bloodlines by Lindsay Anne Kendal


Evernight by Claudia Gray


Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz


My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey


Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice


Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber


Dracula by Bram Stoker


Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan le Fanu

=====================================================
So after that, what are we seeing?
Obviously a lot of black and red, for darkness/night and blood. This may also be an ill effect of Twilight. Also a couple of necks, which is kind of a given too. Pale people just waiting to be bitten mainly as the models.

Where's the difference...Glass Houses with the blue predominating it makes a change...(although there are editions falling back on the black background pale person formula).

Please note that most these books, mainly Interview with the Vampire and Dracula, have many different editions. For this feature, I picked either the cover I read the book with (I've read these all apart from My Love Lies Bleeding and Bloodlines) or the first one that came up that I vaguely liked the look of. 
Green and yellow, and pink and purple, seem to be missing from the spectrum on here....associate them more with faeries, I think...


What are your thoughts on these covers?



3 comments:

  1. Ah, how I missed your skulls and spots of tea, ah hem. Wisdom on books. ;)

    Stop by for a peak in to my disappearance to China!

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool way to do a cover post. The blood theme is extremely big, yep. I have the new cover for Interview with The Vampire-- my favorite vamp book by far!-- and it features dripping red candles. So, more blood. Yay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mad Scientist I wondered where you'd gone...
    @Kat Blood is an obvious theme to go with...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.... Your cover sounds awesome. Mine has Louis holding three candles in a chandelier, and black everywhere else. Boring. But it's the writing that counts . Of couse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...