Monday 10 October 2011

Cover to Cover- Battle Royale around the World

Before we get going, just like to say, I'm part of Spinebreakers now! An online book club with pretty much everything? Definately my kind of thing. This'll be fun....


Another installment of Cover to Cover. And this time, it's the Around the World type, where I take one book with editions that have different covers depending on where you are, then decide what book edtion I'd rather have.  And this time, I'm doing it for Battle Royale by Koushun Takami, one of my favourite ever books.

Picture heavy.





England & USA I

Battle Royale
England & USA II

Battle royale
Italy

Koushun Takami: Battle Royale
Germany

Battle Royale
France
Battle Royale
Norway
Battle Royale (Chinese Language)
China
Королевская битва
Russia




So...The English Language ones you have to read the backs of or read the middle...from the cover alone, you will not know what's going on. Great by me. Everywhere else, it seems to hint at what's going to happen...
The Italian, I like the idea of a faceless girl, which could be any of them. I like the Russian one, clearly showing a snapshot of the action, which the French does too, but not quite as well. I like the scratchy effect of the Norwegian one. And I can't make out what's happening in the Chinese one.

What's your thoughts on the covers?

 And while we're on the subject of Battle Royale,  have any of you seen the film? What did you think of it? I would watch it if it wasn't for the fact that a)I'm underage to get it out on DVD and b)They had it on TV once, but on at about 3am. I'm not getting up at a ridiculous time to watch a film.

Comments  on anything relevant, or not relevant if you'd rather, are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...