Wednesday 7 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #22 The Vanishing Game by Kat Kae Myers.... and a rant to anons

Welcome to Death Books and Tea

Now before we start, I’d just like to say something about the various comments we received yesterday.

To anon 1, the random guy, thank you very much for spending x amount of your life writing a very long winded complaint about this blog, in particularly my review of Angel Sanctuary, which is manga, which is fiction, which is something I hardly think is worth you ranting for longer than the review went on.  All points have been received and noted, and will not be acted upon. Maybe they’d be given slightly more weight if you had not felt the need to hide behind anonymity. Thank you for voicing your opinion.
To anon 2, erm...thank you?
To anon 3, you receive google alerts for this sort of thing? Ok.... I honestly have no idea what to say.
To all three of you, will you please take your swearing and hating on everyone else somewhere else?

To everyone else, I’m sure the majority of you are nice people. And I’m sure none of you feel the need to hide behind anonymity. The comments have now been deleted and I’m disabling anonymous comments (not sure why I didn’t from the start. Oh well). Because some people can’t be trusted not to be cowardly and flame everyone else. Thank you for putting up with me. Now onto the fun....
 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 

Title:  The Vanishing Game
Author: Kate Kae Myers
Release Date: 14 February 2012
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: Jocelyn's twin brother Jack was the only family she had growing up in a world of foster homes-and now he's dead, and she has nothing. Then she gets a cryptic letter from "Jason December"-the code name her brother used to use when they were children at Seale House, a terrifying foster home that they believed had dark powers. Only one other person knows about Jason December: Noah, Jocelyn's childhood crush and their only real friend among the troubled children at Seale House.
But when Jocelyn returns to Seale House and the city where she last saw Noah, she gets more than she bargained for. Turns out the house's powers weren't just a figment of a childish imagination. And someone is following Jocelyn. Is Jack still alive? And if he is, what kind of trouble is he in? The answer is revealed in a shocking twist that turns this story on its head and will send readers straight back to page 1 to read the book in a whole new light.

Why I want it: Foster homes? Mystery? Cryptic letters? Houses with dark powers? Stalkers? A shocking twist? Excellent. And the cover is very good too.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

20 comments:

  1. looks AWESOMEE!!!!! love the flipped cover too. so creepy.

    here's my post! stop by and let me know what you think of all my choices? :)


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-lots-of-ya-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I like WoW posts-- so many books I would have never otherwise found.

    I don't blame you on banning the anonymous comments. I did the same thing awhile back. Like you said, some people just can't be expected to behave like adults if they can hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds creepy and cool! I like the cover, too. I heard about it a few weeks ago, but totally forgot to add it to my TBR. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting!! =P

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, does this book sounds creepy or what? Haha, great choice this week! Thrillers are always fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dark mystery surrounding this one. Defintiely want it too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea about the book you've chosen but great words at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. vanishing game sounds creepy. i love the sound of it. great pick!

    check out our WoW post this week. :)

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. this is an interesting freaking book! Nice pick@!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pick, perfect for the Halloween season coming up! I'm definitely adding it to my Goodreads shelf, thanks!

    My WoW involves an author and a new YA coming out in October, take a look here. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a scary read, nice choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love a good mystery!

    new follower

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!! This sounds AMAZING! Wicked creepy!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by!
    This looks really interesting. Great pick! And that cover!

    Have a great week :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks awesome and creepy - Brilliant! Great picak and I love your blog, no complaints from me (except, why can't mine be this good!).

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, new follower! This looks like a good one. Going to have to add it to my TBR!

    Here is my WoW: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks pretty good! I love creepy reads!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a problem with anons too so I made it so anons couldn't comment anymore. It's rude and you shouldn't listen to some disembodied voice.

    I think your pick sounds fantastic and super creepy. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, this book sounds so awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Register Domain

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...