Wednesday 28 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #25- Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 

Title:  Every Other Day
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Release Date: 27 December 2011
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: Every other day, Kali D'Angelo is a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She goes to public high school. She attends pep rallies. She's human.
And then every day in between . . .She's something else entirely.

Though she still looks like herself, every twenty-four hours predatory instincts take over and Kali becomes a feared demon-hunter with the undeniable urge to hunt, trap, and kill zombies, hellhounds, and other supernatural creatures. Kali has no idea why she is the way she is, but she gives in to instinct anyway. Even though the government considers it environmental terrorism.

When Kali notices a mark on the lower back of a popular girl at school, she knows instantly that the girl is marked for death by one of these creatures. Kali has twenty-four hours to save her and, unfortunately, she'll have to do it as a human. With the help of a few new friends, Kali takes a risk that her human body might not survive. . .and learns the secrets of her mysterious condition in the process

Why I want it:  Amazing concept. Zombies. Hellhounds. Many supernatural creatures. Unexplained powers. Ticks many many boxes. And I love that cover.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. This sort of reminds me of Paranormalcy, but still different enough. I'm definitely going to look into it. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you pick this up on NetGalley!! It's up there!!

    Here's our WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This sounds so good! I haven't read a good demon hunter book in awhile I'll definitely have to check this one out. I want to know why she turns into a demon hunter (sorta against her will)!


    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like a such a unique plot and I'm really looking forward to reading more from Jennifer Lynn Barnes! Loved Raised by Wolves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like an interesting book.
    I have this one on my TBR list
    Have a great day!!
    Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has a very unique premise and I am intrigued by it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great pick I actually have an ARC of this one but I haven't gotten to it yet. I love the cover.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes and YES. I want to read this for all the reasons you mentioned! Plus, I loved Raised by Wolves by Jennifer (still need to get my hands on the sequel), so I know already that I'm going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I oddly don't think I've heard of this one. Thanks for the heads up

    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good good good! I got it through Netgalley a few weeks ago but I haven't gotten to it yet!

    Goldilox and the Three Weres WOW

    Goldilox :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got it on netgalley and loved it. It's a totally unique read. I'm planning to post a review in November.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got this on netgalley, I haven't started it yet but I am really excited for it! I am really into demons, and I am interested to see what Barnes does with it.

    Check out my WOW: http://www.teenbookfanatics.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-34-statistical.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked this one! It was really different from any other book, and super fun. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...