Sunday 10 April 2011

On My Wishlist (3)

On My Wishlist, hosted by Book Chick City, is a meme where we showcase our wishlist. *states the obvious*
This week…



1. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan. Yes, I am aware that it is completely different from the slasher that follows, but I’m trying to read slightly less things involving vampires, werewolves etc as part of a plan to broadern my reading, and thrillers seem the way to go.
Blurb: It was only an accident -- but it would change their lives forever. Last summer, four terrified friends made a desperate pact to conceal a shocking secret. But some secrets don't stay buried, and someone has learned the truth. Someone bent on revenge. This summer, the horror is only beginning

2. Hunger by Jackie Kessler. And out of the window with the “broadern reading range”. But theres hardly anythihig involving the four horsemen of the apocalypse. And I also enjoy reading things with touchy subjects, in this case anorexia.
Blurb: “Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”
Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons?

3. Soul Eater vol 1 by Atsushi Ohkubo. Because otherwise I shall be bugged for eternity by one of my friends, and I really do not want that to happen to me, because she can be extremely annoying. Plus it looks like an interesting concept, even though I don’t like the art style at all.
Blurb: Maka is a weapon meister, determined to turn her partner, a living scythe named Soul Eater, into a powerful death scythe - the ultimate weapon of Death himself! Charged with the task of collecting and devouring the tainted souls of ninety-nine humans and one witch, Maka and her fellow meisters strive to master their weapons as they face off against the bizarre and dangerous minions of the underworld. But the meisters' own personal quirks may prove a bigger obstacle than any sultry enchantress!

That’s enough for this week! What’s on your wishlist?

TEA TIME TALK: Katy is away skiiing, lucky thing. (But then, I didn't want to go). She'll be back next week. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. omg, may I just say - hooray for another book blogger that reviews manga? I'm adding you to my link list.

    And second, you're going to love Hunger and Soul Eater. They're kind of related, if you think about it.

    Here's mine for this week: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/on-my-wishlist-%E2%99%A1-%E2%80%93-week-6/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...