Wednesday 6 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we showcase books we can't wait to be released.

Title: Dearly Departed
Author: Lia Habel
Release Date: 6 December 2011
(Part of)Summary from Goodreads: A maximalist, post-apocalyptic, neo-Victorian steampunk zombie novel in which a girl, whose blood is impervious to the “Z-virus,” searches for her missing dad, is kidnapped by (good) zombies, falls improbably in love with a rather sweet zombie boy, and sets out to save the world from a zombie plague beyond imagining.
As far as romantic pairings go in the year 2195, you don't get much more unlikely than an upper-class schoolgirl and a poor miner from enemy tribes. Filter in the fact that he's a zombie, and you're definitely talking about star-crossed love.

Why I want it: Post apocalypse? Steampunk? Neo-victiorian? Zombies? Romance? Adventure? Ticks all the right boxes for me!
Website: Official website

 Thats my pick this week. Thanks for stopping by! Leave a link and I'll quickly stop by your blog when I have the time!
What are you waiting on this week?

19 comments:

  1. This sounds like such an interesting read! I've never heard of it before, so I will make sure to check it out! New follower :)

    WoW:
    http://lepetitbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe what an interesting blurb. Not sure how much I like zombies but I love the cover. Enjoy!

    You can find my WOW here - The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. A book with zombies?! I'm in!

    Melissa's Waiting on Wednesday @ SheShines

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that summary is totally awesome. This one is definitely going on my wishlist.
    Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. The cover is so gorgeous. I love it. Will check the excerpt soon.

    My WOW @ It's All About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous cover! And it sounds like something I'd love. I added it to my to-read list.

    My pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the steampunk aspect but really hate Zombies. How could someone fall in love with one. Still it sound interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A "post-apocalyptic, neo-Victorian steampunk zombie novel"? Yummy . . . sign me up!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like an awesome book but we have to wait till december aaahhhhhh, oh well the description is awesome!
    http://readswithwrecklessabandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow it's like everything rolled into one book! amazing! Great pick this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "why I want it" pretty much sums it up for me as well. I have to put it on my must-read books. Sad it doesn't come out until December, though. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh... Why have I not heard of this book before?! Adding it to my evergrowing list! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love steampunk. This seems like quite the mishmash of different genres, but I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this sounds good, added it to my list. Great pick, Happy Reading =o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cover. I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steampunk + Cover Love and this book is def on my list! Great pick!

    Please do stop by for a crumpet, find out about a new MeMe & to check out my newest giveaway :)

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    Forbidden Steam  Adult- even the Mad Scientist gets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cover!

    I want to read this too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this sounds great. Thanks for sharing - definitely on my TBR pile.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  19. This book sounds amazing and the cover is gorgeous! Great pick :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...