Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9) Falling for Hamlet



 Waiting on Wednesday is  a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet.

Title: Falling for Hamlet
Author: Michelle Ray
Release Date: 5 July 2011
Goodreads: Meet Ophelia: a blonde, beautiful high-school senior and long-time girlfriend of Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Her life is dominated not only by her boyfriend's fame and his overbearing family, but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go. As the devastatingly handsome Hamlet spirals into madness after the mysterious death of his father, the King, Ophelia rides out his crazy roller coaster life, and lives to tell about it. In live television interviews, of course.

Passion, romance, drama, humor, and tragedy intertwine in this compulsively readable debut novel, told by a strong-willed, modern-day Ophelia.
Why I want it: Because I love classics redone, I love Hamlet (the story of) and I love Ophelia and all the art connected to her. Plus I'm interested to see how Michelle Ray gets around the whole Ophelia drowning bit, seeing as thats quite a major part in the original.

What are other people waiting on this week?

TEA TIME TALK: I have books I want to swap, for all those people in the UK. Interested? Look here for details.

9 comments:

  1. Great pick. I love the idea for the book. Definitely will put it on my TBR pile =).

    My pick: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-is-weekly-event.html

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this book but in your blog. I wonder if the character is likeable one

    It's all about Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out about this one a few weeks ago and I couldn't be more excited! It sounds great, I cannot wait!

    See what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this book a little while ago. I can't wait, I like the idea of a strong Ophelia.

    Here's my WoW, please stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this title somewhere but can't remember where. I really want to read it as well! :D New follower! Happy Reading! My WoWs:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love modern retellings too. Looking forward to it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this one but I love modern re-tellings! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good, and I LOVE your banner!

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love classics redone as well. It's always interesting to see a fresh take on an old story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...