Wednesday 20 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

 Waiting on Wednesday is  a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet.

Title: Anna Dressed in Blood
Author: Kendare Blake
Release Date: August 30th 2011
Goodreads: Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.
But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.

Why I want it: Theres not that many good ya good ghost stories out there, but judging by the blurb and reviews, this is one of them. And it has an interesting trailer. http://youtu.be/zT4nDABj5XM
Website: Kendare Blake

What are other people waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I will definitely have to check it out! I completely agree with you about YA ghost stories. The only one I can think of off-hand is Meg Cabot's The Mediator series and that one got kinda bleh after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm pretty hopeful that this will be a kick ass ghost story too. Plus the cover is gorgeous!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ghost stories! This cover is AWESOME!
    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy tea and I love skulls and Books are just apart of me so of course I had to become a follower! You didn't even have to twist my arm or trick me ;)

    I want to read that book too! Wonderful pick that is bound to be full of wonderful words. Stop by to see what I am waiting for! http://ikissbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-goddess-test.html

    Black Disaster Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds very creepy but totally awesome. Can't wait.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, that trailer clinched it for me. This looks SO kickass!

    Anna Dressed In Blood is definitely going on the list.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great series! I puzzled over buying it at first, picking it up and putting it back down again. I search for books and the ones that demand my attention are normally the ones which are good! I always was drawn to this book. It wasn't until an offer at Waterstones that I actually brought the book. And, thank God I did! I loved it!
    If you liked this book, and already haven't read: Meg Cabot's - The Mediator Series is quite good, if I say so myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...